SRS Portfolio as of 31 July 2012

It's the end of the month today and it will be about 1-2 weeks before i receive my statement for July for which i will update again. I am pretty disappointed with myself this month, having missed out on CDL Hospitality Trust or Ascott REIT in June and then have to cut loss on my position in China Fishery Group in July.

Interestingly, the defensive stocks in my portfolio has move actually move towards records high and my position in Starhub recorded a gain of 83.3% versus a loss of 79% in Raffles Education. I present the portfolio below generated from my personal finance software.


The unrealised portfolio value is up about 10.1% and the cash on hand is approximately $49,172. As of 31 July 2012, the gain (both realised and unrealised) is about 16%.

My personal view is that i have not been utilising my cash adequately and have failed to accumulate good quality dividend paying REITs or stocks during the downturn this year. I should deserve a "F" grading for this since i am going to inject another $12,750 this year.

Let me share two reports today on REITs so that you can do your homework and share with me what stocks i should add to my portfolio in the coming months. In addition to REITs, i had thought of adding stocks such as Sheng Shiong, Diary Farm or Osim. We shall see how it goes.Here are the 2 reports as promised.

Singapore REITs by JPM dated 30 Jul 12
Singapore REITs by MacQ dated 30 Jul 12

If you find the above posts useful, please either like my facebook page or download the dropbox via the link on my website so that i have more space to share the reports.:)

Happy SRSing.

Comments

Popular Posts