Summer Cleaning

I decided to do some "Summer" cleaning today and purged out my position in Raffles Education. Actually I can do nothing about it since the remaining value is really not significant. However, I decided to do a "house cleaning" and clean out the 1,666 shares (from stock split last time).

Two ideas for your consideration for the SRS portfolio which i spotted long time ago but 'inaction' is sometime our biggest stumbling block towards financial freedom!

Boustead dated 29 May 12 by Kim Eng

Kingsmen dated 13 Aug 12 by Kim Eng

Tell me if whether you think the stocks are 'fit' for the Starfish SRS Fund.

Cheers.

Comments

  1. I've also been looking at Boustead because of its great balance sheet and dividend yield. Like you, I've also been suffering from inaction as well. I must get myself to act or incur opportunity costs...

    A quick look at the weekly charts show that the RSI and stochastics are overbought. Perhaps it can be bought at a lower price after a pullback, maybe around 90c?

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, thanks for the comments. Yep, actually one main reason i started the blogs is I want to be kept on the toes... :)

    I think 90c could be a good support to get in. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, and thanks for all your blog entries too. I never knew QAF existed until I read your blog haha. One thing I'm not certain about QAF is its ability to sustain its profits during an economic crisis. It made a loss in 2008 or 2009, and also cut its dividend from 4c to 2c. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts