Starfish SRS Portfolio Update - 17 March 2013

Time for a weekly review of my SRS portfolio. It is shaping up nicely from my end Feb posting, where the unrealized portfolio valuation continue to increase and the main contributors are Far East Hospitality Trust, Nera Telecom and SPH.

Far East Hospitality Trust


My entry is the green arrow back on 29 Aug 2012 and it has a nice run up last week to a record high of $1.22. The major news announced in March was the attainment of a triple BBB grading which allows the company to issue debt at a much lower interest rate. The counter is up 23% from my entry price.

Nera Telecom


Nera Telecom continues its upward onslaught. The company is currently undergoing changes as it appoints new directors to chart the course of the company. Hopefully the PE guys can perform some 'magic' to this company. The counter is up 64% from my entry price.

SPH

The biggest surprise uplift in my portfolio actually came from Singapore Press Holdings. One of the most "under-performing" counter in my portfolio until it announced that it is going to launch a REIT! This is a good way to capitalize on the assets and generate returns to shareholders while creating a new asset class with recurring income.


I have been holding this counter for a few years and my entry price is around $3.77. Based on my "available" records - some earlier pre-July 2010 data was lost when my thumbdrive crashed, i have received $680 back in dividends since July 2010. I guess we have to be patient with "blue-chip" counter for it to execute its strategy slowly...zzz... while collecting dividends along the way. Excluding dividends, the counter is up 20% from my entry price. 

Perennial China Retail Trust

Actually my biggest concern is for PCRT where we see senior management changes recently. The COO has resigned at aged 59 to "pursue personal interest?"and deputy CFO has "changed" her work scope as well. I don't really like to see so many changes within such a short span of time. It reminded me of SMRT where many senior executives resigned around the same time shortly after one another.

The share price has dropped from a high of 66 cents. The counter is still up 15% from my entry price but i really don't like what i am seeing here recently and may exit from this counter soon if share price continues to be go lower. Probably I will say good bye if it breaks 57.


No major updates to the other counters. My portfolio as of today looks something like this.


Happy SRSing.



Comments

  1. I'm surprised with FEHT's big move up on Friday. Any news that propelled it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that i am aware of but probably some acquisitions are in the pipeline.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts