SRS Portfolio - 21 March 2021

I apologize. I haven't been updating my SRS blog since Chinese New Year.

During this period, the SRS account received $791 of distributions from Suntec REIT. I didn't manage to deploy any SRS cash during the recent correction as I was busy adding non-SRS positions in US and HK as the correction in those markets were much deeper and more volatile. 

My portfolio as of 21 March 2021 as follows.



I also topped up my 2021 SRS account with $15,300 even though I am sitting on quite a bit of cash in the SRS account.


My cash balance now stands at $258,375 (rounded). The ROI on my SRS account is 1.71x and the IRR is 7.7% 


I would encourage readers to be disciplined and don't look down on small regular contribution as the account would grow with time. As you can see from the table above, I started making contribution to SRS account in 2006 and this is my 16th year! (wow time flies!)

I would like to deploy the cash into 4-5 positions of $50,000 to $60,000 each. Given the limitation on where I can deploy the SRS cash, the focus will continue to be in REITs, banks and technology-related companies.

It's already coming to the end of March, time to do something if you haven't been planning for your own retirement!  Save - Invest - Retire.

Happy retirement planning!

Comments

  1. hi, great portfolio.
    you are approaching the magical 400k in your SRS, in order to draw down tax free.
    not sure how old you are now, till the withdrawal age. but how do you intend to draw down, i assume, across 10 years

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts