Portfolio Update - March 2018


How time flies ~ it is already end of March and 3 months has passed in 2018. I was recently in Tokyo for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised to see the Sakura blooming in the city. The picture above is along the Meguro River where you see rows of Sakura along the canal.


I then went to the Chidorigafuchi (see picture above beside the Imperial Palace) to see couples having fun rowing boat in the moat! That certainly looks romantic and definitely not for someone who is there on a business trip... 💑The Ueno Park is probably less pleasant (below) as it is way too overcrowded. Hence if you are there for the sakura, Meguro and Chidorigafuchi would get the votes for me but not Ueno Park.


Trading Update

I previously mentioned I bought Apple and Singtel in Feb and i have since divested AAPL in March for a small profit but only managed to "break even" for Singtel.


Personally i find the Singapore market more difficult to trade as the volatility is "lower" than the US markets. For my next trading position in US, i have bought some "Facebook" for a rebound back to the 170 levels. Let's see how this trade turns out.


SRS Portfolio



This SRS portfolio is always very interesting. The biggest "mover" is now the UMS position. Now that i hold 100,000 shares, every 1 cent movement translate into $1,000 move as well and from my Feb update, UMS went to a high of 1.36 before ending at 1.17 last friday. I have to tell you that if i put on my trading hat, i would indeed be very tempted to "take profit" at above 130 😆

From my Feb update, the porfolio increase in value by another $19,450



Non SRS Portfolio

No major update except the Hylux Perps has now "halved" in value. I am pretty upset with myself (and with Olivia Lum of course). 😠 Other than this, no major movement seen here. You can read more about why i am upset about Hyflux here

IPO write up - Ayondo

Ayondo IPO was briefly "supported" before the support gave way. My rating was here and i have given it a "zero" chilli rating for the longer term. On hindsight, i should probably have given it a lower Chilli rating for its debut as well and gave less "weightage" to non-fundamental attributes even though i have to admit that the debut timing was pretty bad!  

That is it for now. No major changes to my positions in March and happy SRSing! 

Comments

Popular Posts