SRS Portfolio March 2019 & a short trip . . .

How time flies. It’s already end of March! I recently brought my family to Japan, here are some of the highlights of the trip. 


This is the view of Hakone from the top of the mountain range. 

Sometimes, traveling is like your life. I missed a turn, lost my way and managed to get a nice view of Mount Fuji.

Strawberry is in season right now.
It’s my first time picking it directly and “eat all your can” within 30 mins. Sweet 👍🏻


Onsen hoping

We went hot spring hoping and this is one of the oldest onsen town near Tokyo. 



Green tea plantation with Mt. Fuji as background is quite a sight. 



Did a lot of hiking and back to nature stuff around the “sacred” UNESCO mountain. It is not so easy to see it as you can tell from the picture below. 



In any case, when I reached home, a USD 1,747 cheque from Keppel KBS USD REIT was mailed to me. The feeling is quite nice but the amount is obviously not sufficient to cover the trip. 🤪



Let’s have a quick refresh of my SRS Portfolio. See portfolio overview below. 




Looking at Q1 2019 numbers. I contributed $15,300 in Feb. As such, I have cash of around $29,650 to deploy into new assets as of 30 March. As of that date, the portfolio value stands at $253,957. 

During the last 2 months, I received $565 from Starhill Global REIT and $1,154 in stock dividends from Fraser Commercial Trust. 

Let’s see what are the major news announced for my portfolio companies. 

UMS Holdings -  On 25 Feb 2019 reports revenue of $128m and profit of $43 in FY2018. A dividend of 2 cents per share will be paid on 24 May 2019. While near term outlook continues to be challenging, longer term remains upbeat. The company expects it to remain profitable for FY2019. 

Netlink Trust - on 21 March 2019, held a corporate connect seminar. The trust expects to achieve revenue stated in prospects for FY2019. The NAV per share is 77.2 cents. The yield as of today, based on 4.88 cents per year is 5.9%. 

Starhill Global REIT - on 21 March, announced master tenancy agreements for the Malaysian properties, Starhill and Lot 10. While this cleared up some uncertainty, i wasn't sure if this is actually good for unitholders.

That’s all for today...  My weekend task is to find a stock to park the cash in my SRS account.

Comments

Popular Posts