A $1m stock portfolio by 2025 ?

One of my stated goal #3 is to build  a stock portfolio of $1m by 2025, which has proven to be rather challenging unless I can invest consistently and hold for the long term.

SRS Portfolio

I have tried to build up the stock portfolio through my SRS account but even then I haven't even fully deploy the current cash balance of $191,020. I can attribute that partly to my inclination to take profits and forgetting to "re-enter" those positions and thus missing them out for the longer term. As an anecdote, if I have not sold my positions in AEM and UOB bank, they would have helped me reach my cause faster but it is always easy to be critical using hindsight (not counting the number of times it has saved me from capital de-capitulation). 



Global Portfolio

I have also blogged about my desire to build a global portfolio but I have been trading in and out of positions rather than investing for the longer term. 

I have been following Tong's Portfolio found in the Edge Singapore with great interest for a while now as he tries to construct a global portfolio with "value investing". My son will tell me value investing is dead and in our most recent conversation, he boasted about his first 1x bagger in Telsa (still counting), only to gloss over his other losses. šŸ¤•

Tong's portfolio as of 10 Nov is presented below and I hope to create a global portfolio over time as well.



Some serious soul searching is necessary on whether I can achieve this goal #3 !

Accessing Private Equity

And before I sign off, I received quite a few questions in the comments section in my post on accessing private equity. If you have any questions on this asset class, you can drop me an email at 2ycapital@gmail.com, leave a comments in the blog post or through Mr IPO's facebook messenger.

I do have a significant exposure to this asset class and happy to do a more detailed write up on private equity if there is interest. Till then, stay safe! 

Comments

Popular Posts