SRS Portfolio as at 31 Oct 2012

Here is the update for the month of October.

Transactions in Oct

There were 3 transactions on 22 Oct 2012 as mentioned in my earlier post.

Bought 2 lots of M1 and 3 lots of STXOSV but sold my 2 lots of Starhub. The capital gains from Starhub was $3,024.10. This series of transactions actually brought more volatility to my SRS portfolio which wasn't my intention. It was quite ironic that Starhub reported quite a good set of Q3 results and analysts start to upgrade the counter to a buy!  After going XD, Starhub was last traded at $3.63, the price which i sold it on 22 Oct and I have effectively lost 5 cents per share worth of dividends. 

Dividends in Oct

Received my first distribution of UMS Holdings of $100! Excellent. 

My dividends from 1 Jan 2012 to 31 Oct 2012 is $1,539.10. This translate to a lowly $128 per month and still a long way from building up a passive income for my retirement. My short term target is to reach $500 per month. Let's see where 2012 will end at as a lot of stocks will announce dividends only after the final year ended. I will continue to add more REITs, Telco, and dividend paying stocks when the opportunity arises.


Portfolio as of 31 Oct 2012


Performance since inception till 31 Oct 2012

Total Capital since inception = $82,875.
Total Value since inception (include gains and losses, dividends and interest) = $98,111.99 
Return on Investment = 1.18x

The unrealised value have dropped given the recent fall in share prices and the portfolio breakdown will look like that as of 11 Nov 2012 share prices.

OCBC SRS Pamphlet

photo.JPG

OCBC has a pamphlet together with my OCBC credit card bill and is offering $50 Robinson voucher for an initial deposit of at least $10,000. Hmmm... why not you take up the offer with OCBC to open a SRS account and start investing for your retirement today? :)

Happy SRSing.



Comments

  1. Which Reits or dividends counter are you possibly adding to your portfolio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those existing in my portfolio and possible the usual suspects such as Starhub, SIA Enginerring etc. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts