The Social Dilemma and the Global Movement

It is a wet weekend (again), raining non stop but a good time for reflections. 

I watched a Netflix documentary- The Social Dilemma. The documentary is telling how social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram is making money from the stuff you post and why it makes sense to have regulations to govern the big tech companies (not own self check own self 🤣). 

Go watch it if you still don't know all your movements are being monitored online and how AI is serving you and predicting your next move (before you even know it). 

Some of the messages resonates with me cos I do control how much time my younger teenage child is allowed to spend online and I had the same message - it will be quite sad if you live by the number of likes you get on Instagram. 

Food for thought - Is it time users control how their data is being used and gets paid if their data are being monetised? Is it time to introduce regulations to regulate the internet world ? 

Migration to overseas market 

I mentioned previously that I am migrating to the United States 🇺🇸 - Actually it is getting more serious than that. 🤣

I am moving global - I have set up different accounts to trade Singapore, Hong Kong, Europe, and the United States. 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇯🇵 🇩🇪 🇮🇹 🇫🇷 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🇺🇸 🇨🇭 

I will slowly fund the different currency accounts. For a start, I have converted some HKD, GBP and USD as their forex rates are at levels which I am comfortable with.  

The next step will be to start investing or trading in those respective accounts and across different financial instruments. 

Why limit myself to Singapore when the "world is my oyster"? 🤣 especially when there are many exciting tech companies listed in Hong Kong (Ant Financial is coming) and the cost of borrowing (via CFDs) are not excessive prohibitive. 

So much for the weekend ramblings and enjoy your week ahead.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts