SRS Account - Happy Valentine's Day

To all lovers out there, a Happy Valentine's Day in advance.

I gave myself a Valentine's gift as well. 

Golden rule of retirement - always pay yourself first! 


SRS portfolio - 13 Feb 2022

The SRS portfolio was started in 2006. It survived the GFC and has compounded at 7% based on the latest NAV numbers (see computation below).

Track record since I started contributing to SRS account from 2006

Initially I was trading the portfolio but over time, it is more of a passive income strategy.
Portfolio as of 13 Feb 2022


After the gift to myself, the cash to be deployed increased slightly to $84,880, quite a nice number I must say 😆

I am still watching the OTS Holdings very closely. This is the "peril" of small caps, you can win but lose bigger sometimes.

I am sure a lot of us must be feeling the pain of investing in stocks and bonds given the recent market volatility. Hope you are all doing fine (both mental and physical well-being).

At the end of the day, you need to know what you are in this game for. Is it for income or is it for capital gain. Is it for short term or long term? Do you have a peace of mind or you can't sleep at night. It's very important to me that my portfolio gives me a peace of mind. 

I wish you all the happiness on this Valentine's Days (be it the Western version or the Chinese version or both). Happy SRSing!

Comments

Popular Posts