Review of 2023 & Goals for 2024

I always find it useful to set goals for myself and then track its progress over the year to make sure I am on track. The goals can be quite varied ranging from personal net worth,  passive income, checking off bucket lists and spending time to read a book etc.

I don't share all the goals publicly as some are quite personal to me (such as networth) but you get the idea. If you don't track it, you are not going to achieve it.

So how did I fare for the goals of 2023 - you can read about 2023 goals here

Let me summarise them below.

Goals for 2023

Goal No.1 - Achieved even though the blog income was pretty low at $257. I am going to top it up and donate to a charity. I will stop tracking this goal since I donate more than the blog income each year.

Goal No.2 - Achieved. I wrote 29 articles for the SRS blog and 9 articles for the Singapore IPOs. I don't see the drought in Singapore IPO scene ending anytime soon.

Goal No.3 - Achieved. I walked an average of 6,760 Steps, slightly better than the 6,014 steps in 2022. 



Goal No.4 - achieved. Stll managed to keep my wieght below the 80 kg mark.

Goal No.5 - 8 new places or experiences. This is probably one that have outperformed! I traveled to 5 new countries this year so this will be a tough act to repeat. I have intentionally left out the labels in case you want to guess which cities they are.

City P

City L

City B

City B

City C
 
Goal No. 6 - Failed big time. In fact, made a loss of $6,668. Don't say I never give you 4D to buy.

Goal No. 7 - Achieved. Managed to rent out the unit to a person working in the technology space and this helped increased the annual passive income

Goal No.8 - Achieved. Managed to hit the passive income I set before accounting for the CPF interest this year.

Goal No. 9 - Failed. The stock portfolio value is still below $1m.

Goals for 2024

I am going to tweak some of the goals for 2024. Since I enjoyed traveling so much, I am going to track how many KF miles I "earned" this year as I received the following from Singapore Airlines 🗾

KF Miles earned in 2023 (from Singapore Airlines)

The goals are:
  1. Write 32 Blog Articles (unchanged)
  2. Walk average daily steps of 6,500 (improved from 6,000)
  3. Maintain below 78kg (improved from 80kg)
  4. 8 new places or experienes (unchanged)
  5. Earn 600,000 KF Miles (new)
  6. IPO tikams of $2,000 (lowered from $8,000 considering the drought here)
  7. Fully invest SRS portfolio (new. To reduce the cash hold of $150k).
  8. Maintain annual passive income of $250k or more. (I will hold this constant from now on)
I want to share that I didn't reach the stage where I am in today overnight. It took me decades to reach a comfortable level and that includes the intial period of saving up through delayed gratification and some "luck" in the investments. You will see the compounding effect kicking in only after the portfolio reaches a certain level of scale and size. So don't give up and keep going and you will reach there sooner than you think. 🌈⾦

Happy Goal Setting /Tracking


Comments

Popular Posts