Forex Trading Course Review - The One Core Program


I was recently invited by Asia Forex Mentor to review their AFM Proprietary One Core Program. 

While going through the course materials, it brought back fond memories of my own trading journey.

When I first started trading (or should it be called gambling🤔), it was just buying on rumours and tips and hoping that the price would go up.

Needless to say, I lost money and decided to upgrade myself by attending courses. I paid over $3,000 (a princely sum back then) for a useless trading course. The course taught me nothing.

In the end, I honed my trading skills by reading a book called "Trading for a Living" by Dr. Alexander Elder. The book taught me the importance of 3M - Methodology, Mindset and Money Management. I then supplemented it with other trading books such as "Japanese Candlestick" by Steve Nicson. More importantly, I paid quite a bit of school fees to master the trading skills - paying school fees is still inevitable even for the most experienced traders today. 😂 

Today, when I look back, I can confidently tell you that, If I had not taken the first step to learn how to trade, I would not be able in this fortunate position to share with you my financial journey.

Now let's take a step back . . .

Why learn how to trade?

I learned to trade in my 20s because I aspire to achieve financial freedom and retire early. I wanted to learn a "recession proof" skill that even if I were to be retrenched one day, I can survive. It was as simple as that.  

Eventually, I started to be more consistent in my trading when I learn to be patient (mindset), wait for the right trading set up (methodology) and exercise my cut loss ruthlessly (money management). 

When I started turning in consistent profits from the stock market, my whole working mindset and attitude changed. I am no longer bonded to a job.

My mindset changed from "I needed to work because I need the money" to "I now work because I enjoy working". That mindset shift resulted in better attitude and performance at work and as a result, promotions and career progression came along as well.

Trading has allowed me to understand my personal strengths and weaknesses better and made me a better person (or boss). I would encourage you to learn how to trade if you have not already done so.

Why the forex market ?

The forex market is one of the most active and deepest markets. You can trade forex from anywhere in the world and in the time zone that you like.
Rain or shine - the forex market is always open. The forex market generated a lot of M&B - millionaires and bankrupts. 🤕

The reason why people are attracted to the forex market is because of leverage. Trading forex allows you to take outsized positions with a small cash collateral - which is why if you don't practice good money management, your accounts get wiped out pretty easily.

Can you imagine this if you have the trading skillset? Rent a nice apartment from AirBnB that has a great view. warm sunshine and trade forex from the balcony?  You get the picture even though Covid-19 has probably disrupted part of that dream. 😆

I have always traded stocks and shares but I am keen to include forex as well as regular readers will know that i have huge exposure to USD, JPY and CHF. By learning how to trade forex, I can hedge my assets and liabilities effectively and this course can help me achieve that goal. 

Why choose to learn trading from  "Easy-Kill" ?

In one of the videos, I swear I heard the trainer called himself "easy kill". He is probably referring to the trades that he has made. 😁 Ezekiel was widely featured in the local papers, so I decided to give his forex course a try.


I can tell from the videos that Ezekiel is very passionate about trading as well as imparting his experiences. While some of the webinars in the course can be better edited and scripted, you can tell that he has been training traders for a while now as he wasn't reading from any prepared scripts. He came across as genuinely interested to impart the trading skills to you.

What is in the trading course?

I never promote anything unless I genuinely believe that it is going to help you. I only managed to complete 22% of the course but my initial feedback is good. He covers the key topics in a logical manner and gives you the gists without overloading you with too many technical concepts. The learnings are also in bite sized videos and you can watch it as many times as you want.  

The course is structured in easy to follow and covers from very basic stuff to more technical subject matters. As you can see from the screenshot below, the topics are arranged in a logical fashion and you can learn about price action to entries, stop loss and exits.  I sat through hours of his videos to make sure I am able to give an unbiased review of his course. 


After you have mastered the basics, the topics will become more advanced and include different strategies and trade management methods.


What are my initial thoughts after sitting through hours of his course

Positives
  • Simple and logical flow of topics - The topics he shared initially are catered for new traders. If you are new to trading, you will find that Ezekial has tried to make them simple and easy to understand so that you can move from one topic to another. However, the initial topics can be slow and boring for the more experienced traders
  • His technical knowledge is sound - From the videos, he is very sound technically and is an experienced trader. After learning the basics, topics such as 4 ways to enter a trade, 4 ways on where to put a stop loss and how to project the exit levels are useful topics to learn, especially for the new traders. If you are an experienced trader, then you may already have other preferences, which is perfectly fine as well. For example his preference for Metatrader 4 and bar charts - not my cup of tea as i prefer to use candlesticks and other trading software. 
  • Some of the trading stuff can be learned from online videos or from books but what is most useful is the anecdotes he shared - Let's face it, the internet is a "free world" and many of the stuff on trading can be learned from YouTube etc. Having said that, the anecdotes he shared in the video come from years of trading and can't be easily replicated. What he said resonates as I have made the same mistakes before. By cutting down from the same mistakes, you can learn and improve faster
  •  Value for money - For the amount of content and videos he has created for this website, I personally think that the course fee (USD 340 after discount) is quite a good value for money. Remember I told you i paid >$3k for a useless trading course many years ago. Post the early bird discount, the course is now marketed at US$997. 
In terms of how he can further improve on for future videos:
  • Recap the key learning points at the end of each video - Good to have a quick recap of the key topics and concepts at the end of video instead of ending it with please go and play with the MT4 now 😂 If Ezekiel doesn't want to do a recap, you can always have these key points "typed out" in bullet points and flashed it on the ending screen
  • Use of Singlish - There is quite a bit of Singlish used in the sentence structure - while appropriate for our local crowd, and i am perfectly fine with them, it may be tough for users from other countries. E.g. the tail is freaking long ... 
How to sign up for the course

You can sign up for the course through this link here or on the picture below.



For full disclosure, Mr. IPO will get a referral fee if you sign up through the link but he is frankly doing it in exchange to learn how to trade forex better 😎 

Mr. IPO embraces Lifelong learning!  

Comments

Popular Posts