The Road Ahead for SRS Portfolio


You must have heard many good reviews of this year's National Day Song - The Road Ahead.

It is definitely inspiring and heart-warming, especially when we are still coping with the pandemic and trying to restart our economy and make our Singapore Airlines great again. The lyrics below was specially touching for me.

See this island, every grain of sand Hear this anthem, it’s the voices of our friends Come whatever on the road ahead We did it before, and we’ll do it again

I definitely hope this song will provide some inspiration for you! 

SRS Portfolio - 22 Aug 2021

No update for the last 2 weeks since I sold AEM Holdings. While I could have potentially sold at a higher price, my "capital preservation" instincts kicked in when the $4 support level broke as I was "trailing" the position.

This is the portfolio breakdown as of 22 Aug 2021. The biggest unrealised "loss" is from OTS Holdings but to set the context - I already made a significant profit from the IPO and I have bought OTS for some dividends in my SRS account. 

The SRS portfolio is currently sitting on cash balance of $234,210, hopefully there will be opportunities to deploy in the coming months.


A trading mindset to investing?

Some of you asked me why I "trail" my position in AEM. That was because I entered that position with a view of taking a profit when it hits my target. It wasn't intended for generating "passive income" to my SRS portfolio. Hence when AEM broke below my trailing stop, I took the profit and moved on. 

The mindset to "trail" or to "cut loss" has served me well in the past and has continued to serve me well. It helps instill the discipline to protect my capital base. Rule No.1 is Don't lose money. 😂

I have been investing (or trading) the global markets for a while now. The US market has been pretty kind to me but I can't say the same for the Hong Kong market. 😆

My positions in HK Stocks took a huge beating when the Chinese government decides to intervene and created much havoc there. I cut loss when many of the support levels gave way. As such, I managed to protect a significant part of my capital base. If I had held on to those positions, the losses would have spiraled out of control. 

Why and How was I able to do that? That is because over the years, I have gotten to know myself pretty well. I know what kind of personality and mindset I have. I have paid enough school fees to know that I can humbled by the market anytime and in this instance, by the Chinese government. hahaha. Over the years, I have incorporated capital management discipline into my investing philosophy and style. You have to find a methodology that suits your personality.

How to and where can I "shortcut" my learning to trading and capital management?

I did a review of the Forex Trading Course by trader coach "Easy Kill" about one year ago. The review is here and to my surprise, the review had been very well received and up till today, Ezekiel will reach out whenever someone signs up for his course to "pay now" the intro fee to me. (Thank you to readers who signed up) 👍


I have gone through modules of the programme myself to make sure the methodology is sound and it is value for money. To the extent you want a structured way of learning how to trade and how to incorporate capital management discipline into your investing / trading style, then do sign up and learn more.

You can sign up through my link here (do know I will get an intro fee).
 
The Road Ahead to Financial Freedom can be daunting and challenging but you have to preserve. 
Your future you will thank you for the actions you take today.

Happy National Day and best wishes in your journey for your F.I.R.E

Comments

Popular Posts