Happy New Year And Results For 2021 Goals



As in my prior year's tradition, I will review the goals set for 2021 and see if I have achieved them or fallen short. You can read the 2021 goals here. I haven't really thought about my 2022 goals, so let me do that in a separate post in the new year and not be frivolous about it.

I started 2021 with 8 goals. 

Goal No. 1 - Increase net worth by $250,000. (Achieved)

I mentioned in my prior post that I am in the process of "decoupling" my property. In order to facilitate the "sale between me and my wife", I was required to revalue the property fairly and pay the necessary stamp duty to the government. So in a strange manner, our net worth increased this year due to the boom in property market.

Goal No.2 - Generate passive income of $150,000 excluding CPF Interest (Achieved)

Regular readers know I have built up a concentrated portfolio of bonds and REITs over the years, so this goal was achieved.

Goal No.3 - Build a stock portfolio of $1m by 2025 (Failed)

The stock portfolio is still being constructed. I have used the stocks in the SRS portfolio as gauge as they are held for a longer term. The stocks in my other accounts are primarily for trading, so I have not included them for consideration. I need to continue focusing my effort in this area. 

Having said that, I haven't been sitting idle. I have instead built up a significant exposure to private equity over time and the asset class has done well for me.

Goal No.4 - IPO tikams of $10,000 (Achieved)

This was a surprise  to me personally. It is one of the best years since I tracked my IPO tikams from 2012. The year ended very well for me when the price of Sensetime went through the roof and it made a professor laughed to the bank as he is now a billionaire. I will blog about the IPO tikams in the Singapore IPO blog later this week since it would be more relevant there.

Goal No. 5 - 8 new places or experiences (Achieved)

This was achieved during my recent trip to France in December, making use of the VTL arrangement and before the whole omicron exploded. Again, it was a "surprise" given I haven't really planned to travel. If you had asked me earlier in the year, I would have given you an emphatic "No"!  I will share the photos another day.

Goal No.6 - Maintain weight of 82kg of less (Achieved)

I actually managed to keep my weight consistently below 80kg! That calls for a celebration (tonight).

Goal No.7 - Walk average daily steps of 5,000 (Failed)


One lazy month in May, and that probably did me in. ðŸ¤• I don't know why, it was the same in 2020 where May had the lowest number of steps throughout the year. (see post here
 
I need to walk more and find out why May is a "bad" month !! Sell in May and Go Away? 

Goal No. 8 - Write 26 blog posts for 2021 (Achieved)

Excluding this post, SRS Blog had 30 posts and Singapore IPOs had 20 blogs, so a total of 50 blog posts (hurray). Should I increase my target?? Don't want lah.... 

That is all New Year's Eve. Hopefully it is not too heavy and here's wishing all my readers a well deserved break and a wonderful 2022 ahead. 
May your wishes come true in 2022 (if you planned and worked towards them) @_@

Happy 2022! 

Comments

Popular Posts