December is always a happy month . . . Merry Xmas !

2021 is almost coming to an end ... but unfortunately, not for this *toot* virus. 

I managed to get away for a week in Paris through the VTL lane and to me, Paris is beautiful. If you have Netflix and are unable to travel, there are two dramas that "showcase" Paris, you can either watch Lupin or Emily in Paris. Personally I will choose Lupin anytime...


December is always a Happy Month

I have shared with you previously that I have built my portfolio through bonds (initially) and stocks over the years and in recent times, diversified into private equity. Here is the December interest income from the bonds portfolio. Don't be "envious" as they are partly financed by "debt" (which I have shared with you in the same article previously) and I am getting a positive carry on them (i.e. interest earned from bonds > interest paid on loans). 
 


Property Market

I previously blogged that there will be no covid sale in the property market back in April 2020. Well, I was only half right. The property market went through the roof in 2021 and the government finally stepped in Dec 2021 with new measures.



I finally found a bank that is willing to help us "de-couple" and let me blog about my experience (once I get it over and done with). Interestingly enough, it was covered by Financial Horse on how to "avoid" the additional ABSD. What I am going to give up is the lower interest which I have been enjoying for the last year, as the interest rate will now go up. So this Christmas will be a "de-coupling" one for us to remember.    

Xmas SRS Portfolio 

I added 50,000 shares of Daiwa House Logistics Trust last week at 81 cents. Here is a snapshot of the SRS portfolio below. The heartache continues to come from OTS Holdings, which I will probably divest if FY 2022 doesn't show any growth. I haven't computed the yield on this portfolio and will update it in due course.  Looks like I will need to work harder as I have ~$111,000 of cash to deploy for 2022. 



On that note, here's wishing all my readers a Merry Xmas and Wonderful New Year ! 



 



 

Comments

Popular Posts